It’s About Jesus
As George Herbert once said about Jesus, “Thou art my loveliness, my life, my light, beauty alone to me.”
A few reasons why we believe Jesus is so amazing:
- He is the Creator and the Sustainer of everything that exists, including you and me (John. 1:2).
- Because humanity rebelled against God, we desperately needed a Savior. Jesus left His throne in heaven and took on flesh to seek and save the lost (John 1:14, Luke 19:10).
- While you and I were still sinners deserving God’s judgment, Jesus went to the cross and died the death that we deserved so that He might offer us the eternal life that only He deserved (Romans 5:6-8, John 3:16).
- In the history of the world, no one has ever loved us the way that He has loved us.
o His love is undeserved: Jesus knows everything about you and still he loves you. While we were yet sinners Christ died for us (Rom. 5:8).
o His love is eternal: He says, “I will never leave you or forsake you” (Heb. 13:5).
o His love is unbreakable: Nothing in all the universe can separate you from his love (Rom. 8:38-39).
o His love is costly: Greater love has no one than this, than a man would lay down his life for his friends (Jn. 15:13).
o His love is uniquely for you: He calls his sheep by name, and they know His voice (Jn. 10:27).
o His love surpasses anything we can understand (Eph. 3:19).
- He is the only one in all the universe who is able to satisfy the deep longings of our heart (John 6:35).
- He not only died the death that we deserved, but also rose again from the dead and now lives to make intercession for His people (Romans 8:34).
- He has conquered sin, death, and Satan and offers eternal life to anyone who will believe in Him (John. 3:16).
- This is His church, and He has promised to build it. Nothing will prevent Him from keeping that promise (Matthew 16:18).
- He is coming back and will one day judge the world in righteousness (Acts 17:31).
- The story ends with every knee bowing down and every tongue confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord (Philippians 2:10-11).
- If we tried to say all there is to say about Jesus, the world itself could not contain the books necessary to be written (John. 21:25).